Olivia Munn is already an incredibly beautiful woman who doesn’t need to change a thing! However, when she took on the role of Psylocke, the telekinetic mutant in the new film X-Men Apocalypse, she lost 12 pounds –though it wasn’t her intention.

The star was committed to doing her own stunts so she started an intense regimen of working out every day –including training in sword fighting and martial arts and the weight just came off.

Olivia on day one of shooting and on the last day of shooting. (Instagram)

“My intention was to just get as fit and as healthy as I could be, for myself,” she told Women’s Health in its June issue. “By the time I was finished [filming], I was 12 pounds less than I started!…It’s a big difference because I started working out every single day, and then I also started getting into eating 20-80, where 80 percent of your diet is fruits and vegetables and 20 percent is whatever.”

The 80/20 Rule means that you eat healthy food 80 per cent of the time and splurge on “cheat meals” for the remaining 20 per cent.

Munn said that she geared up for the role by training daily and eating well.

“If I wanted the fans to see Psylocke and get a good fight scene for her and for the fans, I knew I had to go do it myself. So I started training every day with Taekwondo and sword and the stunt and wire work and I just ended up losing 12 pounds just from working out every day,” she told People magazine.

During the Women’s Health interview Munn also said she’s happy to share her fitness routines with fans.

“A lot of times, people want to hoard their secrets to themselves. But whenever I learn things now…I want to tell anyone who wants to listen about them, because I don’t think guys are the only ones who should be able to look better as they age.”

#Psylocke v. #Deadpool #xmen #apocalypse Right hand left hand sword play

A video posted by Olivia Munn (@oliviamunn) on


A video posted by Olivia Munn (@oliviamunn) on